Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ode to the One Day Old Sweatshirt Drop While We Were Walking

The Sweatshirt

I splurged on an outfit at target a few days ago.  Zuul has way too many clothes already but I just fell in love. 
The little onesie says "I love to Roar" which was prefect because Zuul has taking up roaring and growling all the time.


 I mean, how could I not buy it.  It had green dinosaur spikes on the hood and a cool green dinosaur on it.  I know, it makes her look like a boy, but at least she is a cool looking boy.
 So, I put Zuul in her awesome outfit and took her out on a walk the day after I bought it.  We had to run to Walgreen's to pick up some medicine.  It got pretty warm outside so I took off the sweatshirt.
But, being vain about how cool the sweatshirt was, instead of putting it away in her diaper bag, I put it by her feet in her stroller, so that people could still bask in its awesomeness.  After I got my medicine we continued our walk all the way around our big block.


Later that night, when Jai got home, we got ready to run out to the store and, of course, I wanted to show of the awesome sweatshirt again.  I looked high, I looked low, but the sweatshirt was no where to be found.  We drove around the block, we stopped at the Walgreen's.  My superhero husband walked around the block, in the dark, with a flashlight to try and find it.  Alas, the sweatshirt was gone.  I can only imagine that some other kids mom found the sweatshirt and realized its total awesomeness and took it home for her kid.  I am super sad because she was supposed to wear it to visit her grandparents in Maine.

Jai also refused to allow me to post this sign around the neighborhood:



Please, share this photo on facebook and help bring the sweatshirt home. 

2 comments:

  1. Dude. That sign looks like you dropped your kid and lost her. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I thought it was clever ;-)

    ReplyDelete