Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Daughter Zuul is a Pretty Little Boy, Part Deux

Okay. So like I said.  I don't mind if people can't tell Zuul is a girl when I take her out dressed like a little boy.  I mean, how is anyone really supposed to know this beautiful little baby is a girl?

 BUT, come on.  I actually went out of my way to take her out in something girly today.


This is a purple onesie and purple heart leggings.  I know the bib has blue on it, but it's blue flowers.  Anyways, we stopped at a gas station, a FedEx center and Jai's work and at all three places I was told was a handsome little boy I had!  I mean, come on people.  I am trying here, you have to give something back!

I will make an exception for the person at Jai's work because she was Chinese and the Chinese language does not have words for "he" and "she" so often time they have trouble picking the right pronoun even when referring to grown adults, so that is totally understandable, but what what the excuse for the lady at the FedEx??

I refuse to glue a stupid bow to the top of my daughters head just so that people will know she is a girl, but it is really awkward all the time.  

God bless the brave, strong people who simply ask, "is it a little boy or a little girl?"  And although it is a terrible double standard, let's be clear, it is not uncommon for a child dressed in boy clothes to be a little boy or a little girl, but when you see that kid in the pink dress or the heart legwarmers, she is going to be a girl.  I have yet to see a parent dress there infant boy in a pink dress. 

1 comment:

  1. I would dress Gunnar in a pink dress for you, but he does not exist. =(

    ReplyDelete